AeroShell® Fluid 4 is a mineral-based hydraulic oil with low temperature characteristics that is capable of operating over a wide range of temperatures. This fluid is oxidation inhibited, and contains a special anti-wear additive.
The useful operating temperature range unpressurised is –54°C to 90°C.
The useful operating temperature range pressurised is –54°C to 135°C.
- U.S. Meets MIL-H-5606A (Obsolete – see AeroShell Fluid 41)
- British Meets DTD.58 5 (Obsolete – see AeroShell Fluid 41)
Approved DEF STAN 91-48 Grade Normal
- French Approved DCSEA 415 / A
- Russian Analogue to AMG-10
- NATO Code H-520 (European production only)
- Joint Service Designation OM-18 (European production only)