This powerful portable Lithium aircraft starter unit is a full 28VDC battery Twin Pac and will provide superior starts on all electrically-started turbine engines. This versatile Twin Pac can be used as a single unit or separated for two complete Lithium units that can be easily carried on board. The Lithium twin pack has redundant chargers with a total of 14 amps output and a recharge time of approximately four hours.
This unit is designed for engine starting only
- 56 AMP hours @ 10 hour Rate
- 2400 AMPS Peak Current
- L 38.4″ x W 7.5″ x H 9.75″/L 98cm x W 19cm x H 24cm
- 120 lbs./ 55 kilos Complete
- Not to be used as an aircraft battery charger.
The all-new patent pending Start Pac® Model Li2800 QC Twin Pac utilizes the latest technology in Lithium batteries and lithium ground support equipment. These batteries provide the same power as the lead-acid type but are 42 percent lighter and 32 percent smaller. In addition, lithium batteries have two other major advantages:
- Twice the battery life of lead-acid batteries
- No sulfation problems (can be left in a discharged state without causing damage)
PLEASE NOTE: Lithium ion batteries can be damaged by deep discharges. Do not run the batteries down below 24 volts; a spike during a start is okay. Voltages below 24 begin the damage to the batteries. At 20 volts, the batteries will be damaged beyond repair.